Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.1 (build 4023) - 16 May 2024

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Last Station Update - Out of Date

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

Synewave
Weather Station: Watson W-8681
Operating System: Raspian

Last Station Update - Out of Date

Post by Synewave »

Hi Steve,

Running MX on Windows 7 for a week or so, fantastic to have this version.

The only problem I have come across is the Last Station Update seems to become outdated after a few hours of restarting Cumulus and never recovers without restarting Cumulus.

I've looked through the forum but can't find anything related.

I've attached an MX diags.

Thanks,

Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Last Station Update - Out of Date

Post by steve »

It looks like it's correctly reporting the last time that it received data - i.e it isn't receiving any data. In the case of the file you uploaded, it stopped receiving data 15 minutes after you started it. Perhaps you have some power saving options set on the USB port?
Steve
Synewave

Post by Synewave »

Thanks for the very quick response!

The station is in the same USB port that it has always been in and I didn't have the issue in Cumulus v1.9.4 .

It was plugged into a USB hub with other devices that are working fine. I checked power saving and it wasn't enabled.

I've moved it to direct USB port on the PC and checked there are no power saving options enabled, I'll see how it goes and let you know.

Thanks again Steve,

Paul
Synewave

Post by Synewave »

Hi Steve,

As promised, an update.

It has not failed in at least 48 hrs since I moved the station to a direct PC USB port rather than the powered USB hub.

Interesting how Cumulus 1 handled it's weirdness but very pleased it seems to be running good in the direct USB port now on C3.

Thanks for the guidance as always.

Paul