Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.1 (build 4023) - 16 May 2024

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

sunshine hours

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
bellmike
Weather Station: davis vantagepro2
Operating System: windows11

sunshine hours

Post by bellmike »

Hi I have a vp2 with weather link live and in my cmx records my sunshine hours are a bit hit and miss. We have had fine weather here for the last couple of weeks and it is showing sunshine hours for some days and not others
Screenshot (38).png
As you can see from the screen shot it should be showing some sunshine hours for all these days . I have had a look in the settings and in the station settings it has two options ( Ryan-Stolenbach ) and (Bras ). And in the extra sensors settings it has the ( Blake Larson sunshine recorder )
I have tried a few differed things but no change. I have both the Davis U.V and solar radiation sensors I have disconnected the sensor and put back and made sure there was nothing on top of the sensor itself.
Any help would be appreciated
Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Re: sunshine hours

Post by PaulMy »

Hi Mike,
Does the UV Index, Solar Rad and ET as shown in your monthly log file seem OK? I presume the Sun hours shown in the monthly log and Dayfile match your charts?

The Solar settings in CMX allows to select one of two methods, and tweaking for your location. It is a bit of trial and error to get it close. I am using the default settings in both CMX and my Cumulus 1 and the sunhours are very similar. In your high latitude location you may need to change/experiment a bit more from the default.

I also still run WeatherlinkPC and the sunhours over the past 15 days are quite a bit different between WL and CU. When I also had the B-L I found that B-L was quite a bit more accurate in the minute by minute sunshine and no-sunshine compared to the VP2 Plus, but overall it averaged reasonably close.

The Blake-Larsen sunshine recorder in the Extra sensor settings is for that third-party sun recorder if you have purchased that.

Enjoy,
Paul
VP2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https:// komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
bellmike

Post by bellmike »

Hi Paul
Everything looks ok in the log files and day files for E.T , solar radiation , U.V , but all over the place for sun hours i think I have changed the settings a couple of times so I might have to experiment a bit like you said. It has recorded 4.9 hours yesterday but nothing for today up until 1030am but it is very overcast today. I will keep a eye on it over the next couple of weeks and see if I can work it out
Cheers Mike
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

The first thing to do is look at your solar graph on a nice clear day. You want the theoretical curve to track just above your actual values.
bellmike

Post by bellmike »

Thanks Mark I will keep a eye on it
cheers Mike