Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.1 (build 4023) - 16 May 2024

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

CUtils 6.17.1

Discussion of the Cumulusutils tool and website generator.

Moderator: HansR

AndyKF650
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus
Operating System: RPiv4 64bit Linux 12 Bookworm

CUtils 6.17.1

Post by AndyKF650 »

Hi Hans

Well that pause did not last very long then. The latest version of CMX sorted the issue of strings.ini not saving unless it was by the sudo nano process.

I did a quick rebuild with CMX 3.24.1 and CUtils 6.17.1 and patch and on running cmd website all worked except the data part on the lhs of the extrasensors page, the charts side worked fine. I only got the first few lines of the data ie garage temperature, humidity and dewpoint.

Next I ran the cmd extrasensors and this time I got the names of the extra CO2 sensors but no data

Next I ran the cmd userasked data and all the names and data appeared on the extrasensors panel.

I had noticed this problem previously and I hope that it is something that can be tweaked by your expert knowledge to get it to run from the start up. I see that others also suffer the problem of the ecowitt sensors returning zeros at a CMX restart so I expect that Mark may have some input there.
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bookworm

Re: CUtils 6.17.1

Post by HansR »

Hi Andy,

Tbh I don't understand the problem because I don't observe(d) it. I went with all updates of CMX, rerun Cutils afterwards, did my regular checks and never observed the Extra sensors sending zero values nor any of your observations. The consequence is that I don't know what to report to CMX as being wrong neither would I understand what to change in CUtils (if there is an issue I thing it is in CMX) :?

I have seen the remarks made in the zero ExtraSensors value thread and I don't think Mark has a solution either atm... he leaves it to the future.

As it apparently only occurs when starting CMX for one or two readings I would say... let go, We'll see in future.
Sorry :|
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bookworm

Re: CUtils 6.17.1

Post by HansR »

But I do see there still seem to be some issues around the Extra Sensors in CMX so, I'll definitely keep an eye on those.
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3