Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.1 (build 4023) - 16 May 2024

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

New Fibre Broadband Issue: Cannot upload to website!

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Re: New Fibre Broadband Issue: Cannot upload to website!

Post by freddie »

In addition to @water01's questions:
  • What is your setup? Is it Davis via USB, Davis via WLL, etc? Or perhaps Ecowitt?
  • Have you set any local IP addresses in Cumulus - i.e. for your WLL or Ecowitt?
If you have then it is very likely that you will need to change them as your new router may use a different set of IP addresses for your local network.

From your FileZilla experiment there doesn't appear to be any issue with getting the data out to your website.
Freddie
geoffw
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by geoffw »

My Apologues, I'm not being helpful and it is is kind of you all to chip in with advice. This installation came a lot earlier than anticipated at a time when we have a lot of distractions.

Once the VOIP phone is up and running on Monday (we hope) I can turn off the BT router and that should simplify solving remaining issues - even if my station is down till I succeed. Generally the broadband is fine and speeds are stable and fast. Most of our devices are working with it.

In the meantime to answer some your questions.

The new broadband supplier to our part of West Wales is https://www.broadwaybroadband.co.uk/ and the router in the house they have installed is a Nokia WiFi Beacon 2.

My Weather Station is a Davis Vantage Vue with a WeatherLink Live module that I think is where it set Cumulus to sourcing its data.
Geoff
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

On looking at the online manuals for that router the IPs are almost certainly being handed out by DHCP and they seem to be using either 192.168.1.1 -254 or 192.168.18.1 - 254 IP addresses.

I believe that a Davis Vantage Vue uses a fixed IP address in CumulusMX, so the DHCP of the Nokia Beacon 2 is handing out a random address and therefore they do not connect. You need to get into the router via the phone App they use for configuration and allocate a static IP identical to the BT router (from what I can BT router's use 192.168.1.1 - 254) and then you will start to see data in CumulusMX.
David
geoffw

Post by geoffw »

Thanks! Not sure how to proceed however. How do I detect which item in the list of unconnected devices is the Davis Weatherlink.
Geoff
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Hi,
Sorry to come in to this thread but as a Davis Weatherlink Live users I can suggest that after selecting Weatherlink Live as your station type in the Network settings [tick] Auto discovery and then after entering the Davis API, etc. and Save, CMX should find the IP address and connect to the station.
After CMX has found the IP address and connected with WLL then the IP Address will be populated.
You must make sure the WLL is connected to your network using your phone WLL App.

I do not have a fixed IP address for my WLL.
This is in my 10.0.0.1 router settings

Code: Select all

WeatherLinkLIVE
IPv4 Address
MAC Address
A4:CF:12:ED:07:23
Comments
DHCP	undefined dBm	Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz		 
Hopefully that will be helpful

Enjoy,
Paul
VP2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https:// komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
geoffw

Post by geoffw »

WELL THANK YOU PAUL, DAVID FREDDIE AND ALL.

You got me there in the end – the Weatherlink Live was still using the BT router. I never usually touch it and it sits on its own just doing its job in another room. Once I you pointed towards it I realised..... I hadn’t connected it to the Nokia router.

Done with the mobile as the Weatherlink manual advises. As Paul said with the Davis WeatherLink Live in Network Settings Enable Auto-Discovery and there is the IP address.

Many, many thanks......
Geoff
RayProudfoot
Weather Station: Davis VP2 with Daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by RayProudfoot »

PMFJI Geoff.

Looking at your website there are many Monthly records which cannot possibly be correct.

High Wind Gust of 410 m/s is beyond hurricane level. And monthly rainfall of 11389 mm which equates to 113 metres. You’d be under water.

https://winterman.org.uk/Weather/monthlyrecord.htm
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

geoffw

Post by geoffw »

RayProudfoot wrote: Thu 30 Mar 2023 9:26 pm PMFJI Geoff.

Looking at your website there are many Monthly records which cannot possibly be correct.

High Wind Gust of 410 m/s is beyond hurricane level. And monthly rainfall of 11389 mm which equates to 113 metres. You’d be under water.

https://winterman.org.uk/Weather/monthlyrecord.htm
Yup! a bit of tidying up to do there!
Geoff