Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.1 (build 4023) - 16 May 2024

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Tweak/ignore/exclude certain readings?

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
Coyotefred

Tweak/ignore/exclude certain readings?

Post by Coyotefred »

My apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere. I scanned the FAQ and searched older forum posts but didn't find an answer.

I'm running a Lacrosse 2315. 'Love this software, but the 23xx are known to generate erroneous wind readings (e.g. 71.3mph, 85.7 mph, 28.4mph, etc.) It's the same story with whatever software I've used, and I've tried hardware fixes (e.g. using CAT5 shielded cable) to solve the problem, but the readings remain.

Sooooo....I need the ability (like is offered in WUHU software) to have Cumulus specifically exclude or ignore my erroneous values. Otherwise these high values obviously mess up the extreme values, graphing, etc.

Thoughts? Ideas?

I appreciate your time,
Coyotefred
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Tweak/ignore/exclude certain readings?

Post by steve »

Yes, I've been working on that in the latest builds - see discussion in the LaCrosse section. They're not configurable, I just have some thresholds hard-coded in.

Steve