Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V4 release 4.0.1 (build 4023) - 16 May 2024

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Smartweather

For discussion of DIY weather equipment - sensors, accessories, improvements to existing kit etc
kevwill
Weather Station: Professional Weather Station
Operating System: Wndows 7 x64

Smartweather

Post by kevwill »

Hello everyone. I'm currently looking to replace my aged unreliable Hyundai weather station and have almost decided on a WH1090. However, on Amazon I have found a very similar item called the Smartweather Pro - is it the same unit, merely rebadged or is it a different manufacturer altogether? I am finding this quite confusing as there does appear to be many units that are rebadged versions of, for example, the WH1080. Here's a link to the Amazon page.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002 ... d_i=468294

Thanks
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Smartweather

Post by steve »

Yes, it's one of the 'new look' Fine Offset stations. There are many rebadged versions but they're all the same station.
Steve
wd40
Weather Station: WS2080
Operating System: W7

Post by wd40 »

I have the same model only logo'ed by the name Ambient Weather here in the US. It is the best unit at this price level. These stations will, from my limited experience and from other post, will, once in awhile, throw some bad data out but more money buys better stations as you would think.

This model differs from the last model by having buttons on the side instead of a touch screen. The touch screen was reported as having reliability problems but I think a lot of people here and elsewhere have the touch screen version.

Randy
kevwill
Weather Station: Professional Weather Station
Operating System: Wndows 7 x64

Post by kevwill »

Thanks very much guys - much appreciated.
Ned
Weather Station: WS2083 (aspirated)
Operating System: Win 10

Post by Ned »

Presumably the non-touch screen would not have the contrast issue has has bugged so many users
wd40
Weather Station: WS2080
Operating System: W7

Post by wd40 »

Ned this one has a contrast adjustment but I have never changed it from default. Not sure if this is better or not since I haven't seen the touch screen version.
Gina
Weather Station: Nothing working ATM - making one
Operating System: OS X, Linux Mint, Win7 & XP

Post by Gina »

I have the touch screen version. I set the contrast from the default 5 to the maximum 8 but the improvement was only marginal. FO evidently realised (or had lots of complaints) that the touch screen system was a bit of a failure. Some people have modified their touch screen consoles by removing the touch screen and adding buttons.
Gina

Sorry, no banner - weather station out of action. Hoping to be up and running with a new home-made one soon.